The Law Office Of Robbins Umeda LLP Announces An Investigation Of The Acquisition Of Clarient, Inc. By GE Healthcare
Robbins Umeda LLP has commenced an investigation into possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of state law by members of the Board of Directors ("Board") of Clarient, Inc. ("Clarient" or the "Company") (NASDAQ:CLRT) in connection with their efforts to sell Clarient to GE Healthcare, a unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE). If the transaction is completed, Clarient shareholders will receive $5.00 in cash for each share of Clarient common stock they hold and $20.00 in cash for each share of Clarient preferred stock they hold. The transaction is expected to close in late 2010 or early 2011.
Robbins Umeda LLP's investigation concerns whether Clarient's Board undertook a fair process to obtain fair consideration for all shareholders of Clarient. Specifically, our investigation concerns whether the Company's Board breached their fiduciary duties to Clarient shareholders by failing to adequately shop the Company before entering into the transaction with GE Healthcare.
If you are a shareholder of Clarient, plan to continue to hold your shares, and would like more information about your rights as a shareholder, please contact attorney Gregory E. Del Gaizo at 800-350-6003 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robbins Umeda LLP is a securities litigation firm with significant experience representing investors in merger-related shareholder class actions, shareholder derivative actions, and securities fraud class actions. For more information about the firm, please go to http://www.robbinsumeda.com.Advertisement
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV