Dividend activity has picked up as companies begin to regain some sense of stability in the state of the economy. The
iShares Dow Jones Select Dividend
(DVY), an exchange-traded fund that tracks the
Dow Jones U.S. Select Dividend Index, is up 3.3% over the past month, and up 10% so far in 2010.
Copper, gold and molybdenum miner Freeport-McMoran increased its common stock dividend by 66.7% to $2 per share. Dividends are paid quarterly with the initial quarterly dividend of 50 cents per share expected to be paid in February 2011.Diversified energy company Oneok (OKE) said Thursday it raised its quarterly payout by 2 cent to 48 cents per share. It will be paid on Nov. 12 to shareholders of record Oct. 29. The yield base on the new payout is 5.7%. First Niagara Financial Group (FNFG) said its board approved a 7% increase in the quarterly common dividend to 15 cents per share. The savings and loan bank will pay the new dividend on Nov. 16 to stockholders of record on Nov. 2.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV