NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- India's stock market has jumped almost 19% over the past year, far outpacing the Dow Jones Industrial Average, and it may not be done yet.
Goldman Sachs research writes that India is forecast to be one of the three largest economies in the world by 2040. It is the only BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China) country that is expected to grow 5% for the next 45 years. The country's goal is to accelerate GDP growth to 10% from 8%. That 10% growth rate is expected to continue from 2013 to 2018, while doubling per capita income and creating 70 million new jobs. Currently 50% of India's workforce is under the age of 25.The country's population dwarfs that of the United States with 1.1 billion people vs. 307 million in the U.S. The big difference is that 82% of Americans live in urban areas while only 29% of Indians occupy cities. That figure is growing, however, as the population begins moving to cities and demanding more urban comforts. The beneficiaries of this Indian growth are the many companies supporting the population in a variety of services. Richard Kang, Chief Investment Officer at EG Shares outlines his top three picks from among Indian companies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV