Beneficial Mutual Bancorp, Inc. Announces Third Quarter 2010 Results
At September 30, 2010, the Company’s allowance for loan losses totaled $45.0 million and non-performing assets were $133.7 million, resulting in an allowance for loan losses to nonperforming asset ratio of 33.6% compared to an allowance for loan losses of $45.9 million, non-performing assets of $162.9 million, and an allowance for loan losses to nonperforming asset ratio of 28.1% at December 31, 2009.
Gerard Cuddy, Beneficial’s President and CEO, stated “We are taking the most prudent course of action given our view of the current economic environment which significantly weakened during the quarter, and a number of challenges facing our industry. We see no evidence of an economic recovery in our region and believe any economic recovery will take place over a significantly longer period of time than originally anticipated. As a result, we have addressed all known collateral deficiencies for all of our criticized commercial loans including those that are performing. This puts Beneficial in the best possible position to meet its opportunities in the future”.
Beneficial’s capital levels and liquidity at September 30, 2010 are among the top for our bank peer group with excess capital above the well capitalized levels of $202.1 million to $276.5 million as shown below:
|Capital Ratios||Excess Capital|
|Tier 1 Capital (to average assets)||9.26||%||$202,077|
|Tier 1 Capital (to risk weighted assets)||16.20||%||$276,533|
|Total Capital (to risk weighted assets)||17.46||%||$202,172|
Highlights for the quarter ended September 30, 2010:
- Total assets increased $225.5 million and $454.1 million, or 4.8% and 10.2%, to $4.9 billion at September 30, 2010 compared to $4.7 billion at December 31, 2009 and $4.4 billion at September 30, 2009.
- Total deposits increased $349.1 million and $576.1 million, or 9.9% and 17.6%, to $3.9 billion at September 30, 2010 up from $3.5 billion at December 31, 2009 and $3.3 billion at September 30, 2009.
- Net interest margin increased to 3.35% for the nine months ended September 30, 2010 from 3.27% for the nine months ended September 30, 2009, an increase of 8 basis points.
- Allowance for loan losses totaled $45.0 million with non-performing assets (NPAs) dropping to $133.7 million or 17.9% at September 30, 2010 as compared to $162.9 million as of December 31, 2009.
- Capital levels remain strong with total equity equal to 12.9% of total assets and tangible capital to tangible assets of 10.6%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV