OceanFirst Financial Corp. Announces Net Income, Earnings Per Share Growth
TOMS RIVER, N.J., Oct. 21, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OceanFirst Financial Corp. (Nasdaq:OCFC), the holding company for OceanFirst Bank (the "Bank"), today announced that net income available to common stockholders increased to $5.2 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2010 as compared to $5.0 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2010, and $4.0 million for the corresponding prior year period. Diluted earnings per share for the quarter ended September 30, 2010 was $0.29, an increase of $0.02 from the prior linked quarter. Additional highlights for the quarter ended September 30, 2010 include:
- Diluted earnings per share have grown in each of the last three quarters. Return on average stockholders equity was 10.7% for the quarter ended September 30, 2010.
- Total revenue (i.e. net interest income and total other income) increased to $23.8 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2010 as compared to $23.3 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2010 and $21.2 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2009.
- Deposits grew $83.5 million during the quarter to $1,623.5 million, including an increase of $102.4 million in core deposits (i.e. all deposits excluding time deposits).
- Tangible common equity capital increased to 8.96% of assets.
The Company also announced that the Board of Directors declared its fifty-fifth consecutive quarterly cash dividend on common stock of $0.12 per share - covering the three month period ended September 30, 2010, to be paid on November 12, 2010 to shareholders of record on November 1, 2010.
Chairman and CEO John R. Garbarino reflected on the quarter. "We are pleased with our record of growing our bottom line and increasing earnings per share, and the consequential value we are building for our shareholders. Core deposit growth also continues, with average core deposits now comprising 81.6% of total deposits. Complementing this growth, the Company again fortified its capital position with an increase in tangible common equity to 8.96% of assets."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV