Experts Discuss Growth And Reinvention In Energy Sector At NYSSA Conference
The stabilizing economy and increasing global demand have driven notable growth in the energy sector this year. From fossil fuels to new technologies, energy is reinventing itself to produce smarter, cleaner solutions, as well as bigger profit margins. Sector insiders such as veteran energy analyst Bernard Picchi will discuss the outlook at the New York Society of Security Analysts’ The Future of Energy Investing: Oil, Gas & Clean Technology Conference sponsored by Toronto Stock Exchange on November 18, 2010.
The agenda includes presentations from Robert Peterman of Toronto Stock Exchange & TSX Venture Exchange on capital markets and energy companies, and from Don Roberts of CIBC World Markets on opportunities in renewable energy investment. Bernard J. Picchi, CFA, portfolio manager at Palisade Capital Management will give an outlook on the exploration and production industry.
Top-level executives from some of today’s fastest-growing and innovative energy companies will discuss their company’s advancements and investment potential. The presenting companies are:
- Anderson Energy Ltd. (TSX: AXL), a resource-based oil and gas company
- Baytex Energy Trust (NYSE: BTE; TSX: BTE.UN), a Canadian-based conventional oil and gas income trust
- CGX Energy Inc. (TSX.V: OYL), one of the largest offshore oil and gas license holders in South America
- Juhl Wind (OTCBB: JUHL), an established leader in Community-based Wind Power development and management
- Plug Power (NASDAQ: PLUG), the architects of modern fuel cell technology
- Nevada Geothermal Power Inc. (TSX.V: NGP, OTCBB: NGLPF), a renewable energy development company, based in Vancouver
The full-day conference will be held on November 18, 2010 from 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. at 1540 Broadway, Suite 1010, New York, NY 10036.For more information on the conference, please visit: www.nyssa.org/futureofenergy. There is no charge for press with credentials. About NYSSA The New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA) is a leading forum for the investment community. NYSSA’s mission is to promote best practices and the highest professional and ethical standards in the industry. With over 10,000 members, NYSSA is the largest of the 135 societies worldwide that comprise CFA Institute, which has nearly 100,000 members.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV