5. Brazil's Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. (Petrobras) (PBR), an integrated oil and gas company, has a 40% upside according to analysts' estimates. The stock was included in this list of energy stock picks with upside. The stock appears bullish based on the money flows, indicating visible investor confidence. On Oct. 19, money flows in the stock stood at $32.25 million.
The stock has a P/E of 8.44 as compared to its peers like Exxon Mobil (XOM) which records a P/E of 12.73. In addition, Petrobras records an operating margin of 23.8% much higher than 9.5% of Exxon.
Recently, Blackrock> (BLK) has increased its stake in Petrobras to 5.01% of the preference shares, leading to the current holding of 185.87 million preference shares and 94.53 million ADRs.
Petrobras, which has investments and explorations across several countries, is benefiting from growing domestic demand as well. Besides, Petrobras is in an enviable position as its investment portfolio includes pre-salt reservoirs. Unlike U.S. oil refiners, Petrobras is less vulnerable to price volatilities and uncertainties as the Brazilian government determines prices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV