BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- It's Thursday -- and that means economic data will be at the forefront of today's market action. From this morning's jobless data to the Fed's leading indicators to a slew of companies' earnings data, expect today's market direction to be seriously impacted by the deluge of data hitting Wall Street.
With an uptick in volatility also taking place this week, traders are capitalizing on the increased moves that stocks sporting. To eke maximum gains out of the market, they're turning to the technicals.
Technical analysis uses a stock's price movements to determine where shares are headed in the future. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, the Street's biggest financial firms and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And according to some sources, skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time.Here's this week's look at how some of the biggest names on Wall Street are trading technically.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV