Superior Uniform Group Announces Third Quarter Operating Results
- 10% Increase in Earnings per Share for the Quarter
- 100% Increase in Earnings per Share Year to Date
SEMINOLE, Fla., Oct. 21, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Superior Uniform Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:SGC), manufacturer of uniforms, career apparel and accessories, today announced that for the third quarter ended September 30, 2010, net sales were $27,301,355 compared with 2009 third quarter net sales of $27,605,397. Net earnings were $1,372,088 or $.23 per common share (diluted), compared with net earnings of $1,256,954 or $.21 per common share (diluted) in the 2009 third quarter.
For the nine months ended September 30, 2010, net sales were $79,910,378, compared with net sales of $76,293,014 in the nine months ended September 30, 2009. Net earnings for the nine months ended September 30, 2010 were $2,863,475 or $.48 per share (diluted), versus earnings of $1,455,281 or $.24 per share (diluted) in the first nine months of 2009.
Michael Benstock, Chief Executive Officer, commented: "We are pleased to continue to report improved operating results in the current period despite the continued sluggish economy. While net sales were down slightly in the current quarter compared to the prior year quarter, it was the highest quarter in net sales for the last year. Earnings per share for the quarter increased by 10% in comparison to the prior year quarter and earnings per share for the first nine months of 2010 increased 100% in comparison with the first nine months of 2009."We continue to aggressively pursue new business opportunities in the marketplace in order to strengthen our market position. Our balance sheet positions us to continue to be able to do this and allows us to pursue strategic acquisitions despite the current economic environment." ABOUT SUPERIOR Superior Uniform Group, Inc., established in 1920, is one of America's foremost providers of fine uniforms and image apparel. Superior manages award-winning apparel programs for major corporations. They are leaders in innovative uniform program designs, global manufacturing, and state-of-the-art distribution. Superior, through their subsidiary "The Office Gurus" is also a near-shore premium provider of cost effective bilingual contact center and office solutions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV