LSI Industries Inc. Reports Operating Results For The First Quarter Ended September 30, 2010, And Declares Regular Quarterly Cash Dividend
CINCINNATI, Oct. 21, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LSI Industries Inc. (Nasdaq:LYTS) today:
- reported first quarter net sales of $79,851,000, an increase of 18% as compared to the same period of the prior fiscal year;
- reported first quarter net income of $4,268,000 or $0.18 per share, as compared to net income of $1,637,000 or $0.07 per share for the same period of the prior fiscal year; and
- declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.05 per share payable November 9, 2010 to shareholders of record November 2, 2010.
|(In thousands, except per||Three Months Ended|
|share data; unaudited)||September 30|
|Earnings Per Share (diluted)||$0.18||$0.07||157.1%|
First Quarter Fiscal 2011 Results
Net sales in the first quarter of fiscal 2011 were $79,851,000, an increase of 18.0% over last year's first quarter net sales of $67,676,000. Lighting Segment net sales increased 19.8% to $47,475,000 (sales to national accounts and niche markets increased 31.2% and sales to the Commercial / Industrial lighting market increased 10.4%), Graphics Segment net sales increased 18.1% to $26,087,000, Electronic Components Segment net sales increased 41.0% to $4,564,000 and net sales of the All Other Category decreased 36.1% to $1,725,000. The fiscal 2011 first quarter net income of $4,268,000 or $0.18 per share, compares to a fiscal 2010 first quarter net income of $1,637,000, or $0.07 per share. First quarter fiscal 2010 results included pre-tax expenses of acquisition deal costs of $513,000 and an acquisition-related fair value inventory adjustment of $526,000 related to purchase accounting requirements of LSI ADL Technology's finished goods and work-in-process inventory. Earnings per share represents diluted earnings per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV