Updated from 6:17 a.m. EDT
Nokia said total mobile device volume in the third quarter was 110.4 million units, up 2% from last year but down 1% sequentially.
Net sales were €10.3 billion vs. €9.81 billion last year.Nokia said net sales of devices and services in the third quarter were €7.2 billion, up 4% from last year and 6% sequentially. The company said it expects devices and services net sales to be between €8.2 billion and €8.7 billion in the fourth quarter. Nokia said it expects its mobile device volume market share to be slightly down in 2010 from last year. Nokia previously expected its mobile device volume market share to be flat in 2010. "Our company faces a remarkably disruptive time in the industry, with recent results demonstrating that we must reassess our role in and our approach to this industry," said Nokia CEO Stephen Elop, in a statement Thursday. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV