Orbital Announces Third Quarter 2010 Financial Results
Orbital Sciences Corporation (NYSE: ORB) today reported its financial results for the third quarter of 2010. Third quarter 2010 revenues were $314.5 million, up 13% compared to $277.1 million in the third quarter of 2009. Third quarter 2010 operating income was $19.4 million, reflecting a 43% increase compared to $13.6 million in the third quarter of 2009.
Net income was $10.6 million, or $0.18 diluted earnings per share, in the third quarter of 2010 compared to net income of $9.4 million, or $0.16 diluted earnings per share, in the third quarter of 2009. Orbital generated $28.9 million of free cash flow* in the third quarter of 2010 compared to free cash flow of $23.1 million in the third quarter of 2009.
Mr. David W. Thompson, Orbital’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, “Orbital’s third quarter 2010 results showed strong growth in revenues and operating income, as well as better than expected free cash flow. The company’s revenue growth was driven by substantial increases in our satellite and space systems and advanced space programs segments, while operating income rose for all three of our business segments. In addition, the company generated strong new order and option exercise activity in the third quarter, which totaled about $580 million, and boosted year-to-date new business volume to just under $1.4 billion.”
* “Free cash flow” is a non-GAAP financial measure discussed in this release. For additional details, please refer to the sections of this press release entitled “Cash Flow” and “Disclosure of Non-GAAP Financial Measure.”Financial Highlights Summary financial results were as follows:
|Third Quarter||First Nine Months|
|($ in millions, except per share data)||2010||2009||2010||2009|
|Revenues||$ 314.5||$ 277.1||$ 948.4||$ 843.0|
|Diluted Earnings per Share||$ 0.18||$ 0.16||$ 0.45||$ 0.47|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV