Electronic Arts Buys 'Angry Birds' Publisher
Chillingo, the publisher of the popular Angry Birds mobile device game, was snapped up for about $20 million, according to Reuters.
Angry Birds, in which players hurl birds in slingshots toward some type of target to win points and advance to new levels, was ranked the most popular paid Apple (AAPL) iPhone app during the third quarter of 2010 and the second most popular paid iPad app, according to mobile analytics provider Distimo. The game has sold more than 6.5 million copies in the App Store since December of 2009.
Electronic Arts did not buy the rights to the Angry Birds franchise nor the game's developer, Rovio Mobile. EA will, however, receive access to publishing revenue from the game's sales.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/Ozoran. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV