Horizon Bancorp Announces A Thirty Percent Increase In Third Quarter Earnings
Horizon Bancorp (NASDAQ: HBNC) today announced its unaudited financial results for the three and nine month periods ended September 30, 2010.
- Horizon’s third quarter 2010 net income was $3.3 million or $.88 diluted earnings per share, a 30.3% increase in net income from the previous quarter and a 39.1% increase from the same period in 2009.
- Horizon’s net income for the nine months ended September 30, 2010, was $7.6 million or $1.96 diluted earnings per share compared to $7.1 million or $1.84 diluted earnings per share for the same period of the prior year.
- The net interest margin increased to 3.84% for the three months ending September 30, 2010 as the rate paid on interest bearing liabilities decreased during the quarter more than the yield received on interest earning assets.
- The activity in mortgage warehouse lending increased the average loan balance during the quarter, increasing interest income.
- Horizon continued to experience strong residential mortgage loan activity during the third quarter providing $2.5 million of income from the gain on sale of mortgage loans.
- Horizon’s quarterly provision for loan losses decreased by approximately $343,000 from the provision taken during the second quarter of 2010.
- The ratio of allowance for loan losses to total loans increased to 1.85% from 1.77% at June 30, 2010 as Horizon loan and lease loss reserve continues to build for probable incurred losses inherent in the portfolio.
- Horizon’s net loans charged off declined during the third quarter to $1.2 million compared to $2.6 million during the second quarter of 2010.
- Horizon’s balance of Other Real Estate Owned (“OREO”) and repossessed assets increased approximately $1.2 million, to $4.1 million, during the third quarter as certain non-performing loans transferred to OREO.
- Horizon’s non-performing loans increased approximately $507,000 from June 30, 2010 to September 30, 2010 and 30 to 89 days delinquent loans increased $447,000 during the same period.
- Horizon’s 30 to 89 day loan delinquency remained steady at 0.93% and 0.92% of total loans at September 30, 2010 and June 30, 2010, respectively.
- Horizon’s non-performing loans to total loans ratio as of September 30, 2010 was 2.22%, which compares favorably to National and State of Indiana peer averages 1 of 4.77% and 2.78%, respectively, as of June 30, 2010, the most recent data available.
- Horizon’s capital ratios continue to be above the regulatory standards for well-capitalized banks.
Craig M. Dwight, Chief Executive Officer of Horizon Bancorp stated, “We are extremely proud of Horizon’s year-to-date results and the incredible effort put forth by our employees to maintain our performance at such high levels. Horizon’s year-to-date financial performance is on pace to achieve its eleventh year of record earnings. We truly are fortunate to have such a dedicated team that can deliver results.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV