NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The S&P 500 has gained 2.2% so far in October, while the S&P 500 Energy Index surged 3.7%, outperforming the broader markets, despite a bleak outlook for crude oil and natural gas.
The following 10 energy stocks are expected to gain at least 37% in the upcoming months, according to analysts' consensus estimates. A few of these stocks find favor among prominent investors, including George Soros. He has placed two of these stocks in the top 30 holdings of Soros Fund Management LLC, as of June 30.
While these stocks are anticipated to outperform the sector, investors will likely benefit from an improved sector outlook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV