NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- With Ford (F) performing strongly and the government trying to exit from GM, many investors are increasingly bullish on auto supplier stocks. As car unit sales continue to stabilize -- or pick up -- auto suppliers will undoubtedly reap rewards, and glean steady business going forward.
One piece of evidence of the investment community's increasingly bullish view towards auto supplier stocks can been seen in the recently rebalanced Hennessy Focus 30 Fund (HFTFX), which invests its assets in 30 mid-cap growth oriented companies, screening for undervalued stocks with above-average growth potential. The top three performers of the rebalanced fund have been Crocs (CROX), TRW Automotive (TRW) and Tenneco (TEN). Two out of the top three are auto supplier stocks.
"Those companies were decimated when GM had to be taken over. So the ones that survived obviously had to cut to the bone and figure out a way to manage this," Hennessy co-portfolio manager Frank Ingarra explains. "I think the ones that we have or at least some other ones that are out there are the strong ones that have survived."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV