ATMI Reports Third Quarter Financial Results
- 3Q revenues: $95.0 million
- 3Q earnings per diluted share: $0.30, including a $0.05 per diluted share gain from the partial sale of an investment
DANBURY, Conn., Oct. 20, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ATMI, Inc. (Nasdaq:ATMI) today reported revenues of $95.0 million for the third quarter of 2010, compared to $72.6 million in the third quarter of 2009. Net income was $9.5 million for the quarter, compared to net income of $6.5 million for the prior year period. Earnings per diluted share were $0.30, including a $0.05 per diluted share gain from the partial sale of an investment, compared to $0.21 per diluted share in the third quarter of 2009, which included $0.04 per diluted share of tax benefits.
For the nine months ended September 30, 2010, revenues were $271.3 million, compared with $170.1 million in the same period of 2009. Net income was $25.7 million, with earnings per diluted share of $0.80 for the nine months, including the $0.05 per diluted share gain. For the same period in 2009, net loss was $13.6 million, or $0.43 per diluted share, which included $0.21 per diluted share of unusual pretax charges and a net tax benefit of $0.04 per diluted share.
"Our strong performance in the quarter is mostly a reflection of semiconductor demand and our well-established position in materials used in advanced processes," said Doug Neugold, ATMI Chief Executive Officer and President. "While we had good results across the majority of our businesses, these advanced nodes show the most strength and resiliency. Differentiated growth for ATMI is coming from the ramping of technology generations that use our leading-edge products. Combined with the use of our development capabilities to resolve capacity constraints in existing advanced nodes, we see significant opportunity for ATMI to increase market penetration in both the short- and long-term."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV