Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store (CBRL) reported fiscal first quarter earnings on Nov. 23.
Revenue: $598.7 million, compared with year-earlier sales of $581.2 million.Net Income: $23.7 million, compared with year-earlier earnings of $18 million. Net Earnings Per Share: $1.01, compared with year-earlier EPS of 78 cents per share. Analysis: Analysts from Standpoint Research issued a downgrade on Cracker Barrel shares in September to hold, from accumulate. In August RBC Capital Markets, which had a sector perform rating on the stock, dropped its coverage of the restaurant chain. Cracker Barrel topped earnings expectations but revenue came up short of expectations for $600.3 million. Cracker Barrel said comps and retail sales increased 2.4% and 1.5%, respectively, in the recent quarter, thanks in part to a 0.5% uptick in guest traffic. The Lebanon, Tenn.-based restaurateur reaffirmed its fiscal 2011 outlook for revenue to grow between 3% and 4.5%, or between $2.47 billion and $2.51 billion. Forecasted revenue growth is based on the opening of 11 new Cracker Barrel units during the year, comps growth between 1.5% and 3% and comparable store retail sales growth between 2% and 4%. Fiscal 2011 EPS is projected to be in the range of $3.95 to $4.10 per share. Analysts expect Cracker Barrel to post full-year EPS of $4.07 per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV