(Restaurant stocks earnings article updated with Darden Restaurants results.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Expectations were high for the $184 billion restaurant sector this earnings season.
With the inherent limits to the number of new stores any one brand can open, still-uncertain economic times and trends pointing toward rising commodities all converging, valuations in the restaurant space were relatively swollen, noted Deutsche Bank analyst Jason West.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV