Harley-Davidson CEO Discusses Q3 2010 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
Again, special recognition goes out to our York employees. In addition to our management team, both the local and international union officials have shown tremendous leadership. I was in York a couple of weeks ago, where I walked the factory floor and it was a great opportunity to talk with our employees, and I have to tell you just how impressed I was with the new operating model that is coming to life there, thanks to the best thinking of all of our employees. But more than that, I was especially impressed by the attitude of the York work force in the face of all the changes. They truly get why this work is so important and what a difference it makes, now that they are implementing it and living it.
At Harley-Davidson Financial Services, we have seen great improvement through our strategic focus on the performance of our Financial Services business and have delivered strong profitability in the past three quarters.
We have completed the divestiture of MV Agusta and exited the Buell business in order to focus our resources and energies on growth through the Harley-Davidson brand. We are seeing Harley-Davidson strengthen its lead in the U.S. in new motorcycle sales to young adults, not just in the heavyweight category, but across all sizes of on-road motorcycles.
In 2008, we became the overall market leader to young adults, defined as customers 18 to 34 years old, and in 2009, we expanded that lead. In fact, we sell more new Harley-Davidson motorcycles to today's generation of young adults than we did to the boomers when they were young adults. Our brand has great appeal to these consumers and we have a great opportunity with this customer base.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV