There's been a triumvirate of macroeconomic concerns out of China of late. First was the declaration of currency war against China with implications for Chinese companies exporting products. It was followed by last week's decision from the Obama administration to pursue the petition made by the United Steelworkers Union alleging unfair trade support for China's clean energy sector. (There was a selloff in the solar sector on Friday that has been attributed to a combination of both factors by solar analysts.)
Finally, this morning's announcement from China's central bank that it will raise interest rates sparked a market selloff. The Chinese central bank move may have less specific implications for solar stocks than the currency or trade war, but its general impact on the markets on Tuesday could be the primary culprit for a losing day in solar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV