NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Steve Jobs couldn't help himself, he just had to sit in on Apple's (AAPL) first $20 billion quarterly conference call. His presence certainly added to the depth of insight coming from Apple management.
In fact, Jobs revealed four insider opinions on the future of tech that if true, will result in Apple stock continuing its run to overtake ExxonMobil (XOM) as the world's largest cap stock.
As a rare jack-of-all-trades innovator, Apple is blazing a trail that no company has ever traversed. Consider the following four insights from inside the brain of Steve Jobs:
1. Touch Screen Software Is King. Jobs jabbed, "We've now passed RIM. I don't see them catching up with us in the foreseeable future. It will be a challenge for them to create a mobile software platform and convince developers to support a third platform." He continued, "Touch screen software OS is difficult to produce."Research in Motion (RIMM) has lost its position atop the smartphone totem pole because of their inability to produce a reliable touch screen OS. Microsoft (MSFT) had to abandon its touch screen courier tablet and replaced it with the 7.0-inch dual screen tablet that includes an old fashioned keyboard with an anemic two hours of battery life. Although Microsoft would never admit its reasoning behind the switch,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV