Apple comments from Kenjol Capital and McGervey Wealth Management added in this update.
BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Apple (AAPL) shares are sliding after the tech giant posted record revenue and earnings, which several fund managers say is a buying opportunity even as the stock remains near its all-time high.
Among the highlights of Apple's fiscal fourth quarter report, the company saw revenue surge to $20.34 billion from $12.21 billion in the year ago quarter. Net profit climbed to $4.31 billion, or $4.64 a share, from year-ago earnings of $2.53 billion, or $2.77 billion. Apple said international sales accounted for 57% of revenue in the quarter.
Investors sold shares, though, as the gross margin of 36.9% was down from 41.8% in the year-ago period. And while Apple posted better-than-expected sales numbers for the Mac and iPhone, the company sold 4.2 million iPads, which was below Wall Street's target of 4.8 million.Shares of Apple fell as low as $300.02 earlier in Tuesday's session and are lately down 3% to $308.68. The stock hit a record $319 on Monday ahead of the release of the fiscal fourth-quarter earnings report. That pullback, though, has presented investors with a buying opportunity, several fund managers say. Herb Chen, portfolio manager of the Huntington Growth Fund based in Columbus, Ohio, says that "this is a great buying opportunity, and
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV