InfoSonics Launches New R80 Rugged, 'Survival' Phone In Asia Pacific
SAN DIEGO, Oct. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- InfoSonics Corporation (Nasdaq: IFON) today announced the launch of its new rugged verykool® R80 handset and shipment to its first customer in Asia Pacific.
"The launch of our new R80 has a dual significance for InfoSonics," said Joseph Ram, the company's president and chief executive officer. "First, the R80 is the inaugural product that was developed entirely in-house by our verykool R&D center in Beijing, China. It represents the first in a stream of products on our roadmap and is a testament of our engineering capability. The R80 is a product integrating many unique features with a complex mechanical design. Secondly, delivery of the R80 to a new customer in Asia is a continuation of our stated expansion plan beyond our core Latin American market."
Describing the R80, Ram continued: "The design and capabilities of the R80 are part of our product differentiation plan as the mobile industry matures and commoditizes. The R80 is a quad band, GSMbased phone with GPRS class 12 technology that features enhanced water and shock resistance. In addition to its 2.4" QVGA TFT LCD front screen and 1" rear OLED screen, it also offers many rugged features that make the R80 the perfect "survival" phone. These include built-in GPS, altimeter, barometer, thermometer, E-compass, UV detector, pedometer, dual SIM redundancy and flashlight."
The Company noted that the R80 is also a full multimedia product incorporating:
- 2 megapixel camera and video camera with 3GP voice and video recording and playback
- FM radio and MP3 and MP4 capability
- Data capabilities with PC sync, USB modem, SMS and MMS messaging and e-mail
- 30MB internal memory, expandable to 32GB
- Speakerphone, 64 polyphonic ringtones, 3.5mm audio jack and stereo headset included
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV