Atlantic Coast Federal Corporation Reports Third Quarter 2010 Results
Atlantic Coast Federal Corporation (NASDAQ:ACFC), the holding company for Atlantic Coast Bank, today reported financial results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2010. Highlights of the Company's third quarter report included:
- A 72% decline in a loss before income taxes to $2.2 million for the third quarter of 2010 from $7.7 million in the year-earlier quarter, continuing an improving trend seen over the past year;
- A 56% decline in a loss before income taxes, excluding a goodwill impairment charge of $2.8 million in the third quarter of 2009;
- An ongoing year-over-year improvement in net interest margin, contributing to a 5% increase in net interest income for the third quarter of 2010 compared with the same quarter last year;
- Relative stability in non-performing loans and assets, which peaked in mid-2009; and
- Lower levels of net charge-offs, which contributed to a 54% decrease in the Company's provision for loan losses for the third quarter of 2010 compared with the year-earlier quarter and a decrease of 59% versus the provision for the second quarter of 2010.
On an after-tax basis, the Company recorded a net loss of $2.2 million or $0.16 per diluted share for the third quarter of 2010 compared with a net loss of $12.2 million or $0.93 per diluted share for the year-earlier quarter. For the first nine months of 2010, the net loss totaled $9.0 million or $0.68 per diluted share compared with a net loss of $19.9 million or $1.52 per diluted share for the first nine months of 2009. The Company no longer records the income tax benefit of its net losses following the establishment of a deferred tax asset valuation allowance during 2009. The inability to recognize an income tax benefit increased the net loss in the third quarter of 2009 by $4.5 million or $0.34 per diluted share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV