The Cupertino, Calif. tech shop posted earnings of $4.64 a share, up from the $2.77 a share profit in the year-ago quarter and crushing analysts estimates calling for earnings of $4.06, according to Yahoo Finance.
Sales for Apple's fiscal fourth quarter ended last month were $20.34, up more than from the $9.9 billion level a year ago and above analysts' forecasts that called for revenue of $18.86 billion.Apple says it sold 14.1 million iPhones, 3.89 million Macs and 4.19 million iPads in the quarter. That compares with the street targets that had Apple selling 11.8 million iPhones, 3.76 million Macs and about 4.8 million iPads. Analysts expect Apple to book $22.22 billion in sales for the December quarter. Apple shares were halted in afterhours trading immediately after the earnings release Monday. --Written by Scott Moritz in New York.
>To contact this writer, click here: Scott Moritz, or email: email@example.com. To follow Scott on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/TheStreet_Tech. >To send a tip, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV