3. Novavax (NVAX) develops recombinant vaccines for infectious diseases including influenza. Its second-quarter net loss expanded 10% to $9.4 million, but the per share loss contracted to 8 cents. Revenue dropped 76%. Novavax has $27 million of cash and $440,000 of debt. Its stock trades at a book value multiple of 4.1, a 23% discount to the biotech industry average. It's expensive based on sales. All five of the analysts researching Novavax recommend purchasing its shares. A median price target of $7.06 implies that the stock will triple in 12 months.
Bullish Scenario: McNicoll, Lewis & Vlak expects Novavax's stock to more than quadruple to $11.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV