4. Avanir Pharmaceuticals (AVNR) acquires, develops and commercializes drugs for central nervous system disorders. Lead product candidate Zenvia for pseudobulbar affect has completed three Phase III clinical trials. Avanir's second-quarter loss widened 15% to $5.7 million, but remained steady on a per share basis, at 6 cents. Revenue declined 18%. Avanir's stock sells for a book value multiple of 9.7 and a sales multiple of 76, massive premiums to pharmaceutical peer averages. Of analysts following Avanir, all four advise purchasing its shares.
Bullish Scenario: Jefferies (JEF) offers a target of $10, implying the stock will more than triple.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV