4. Avanir Pharmaceuticals (AVNR) acquires, develops and commercializes drugs for central nervous system disorders. Lead product candidate Zenvia for pseudobulbar affect has completed three Phase III clinical trials. Avanir's second-quarter loss widened 15% to $5.7 million, but remained steady on a per share basis, at 6 cents. Revenue declined 18%. Avanir's stock sells for a book value multiple of 9.7 and a sales multiple of 76, massive premiums to pharmaceutical peer averages. Of analysts following Avanir, all four advise purchasing its shares.
10 Biotech Stocks Expected to at Least Double
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.