6. Athersys (ATHX) is developing therapeutics using stem-cell research, including MultiStem. Its second-quarter loss narrowed to $3.1 million, or 16 cents a share, from a loss of $3.4 million, or 18 cents, a year earlier. Revenue more than quadrupled to $1.9 million. Athersys has $12 million of cash and no debt. Its stock sells for a book value multiple of 3.8 and a sales multiple of 11, 28% and 89% discounts to peer averages. All four of the analysts evaluating Athersys advocate purchasing its shares. A median price target of $7.33 implies 160% of upside.
10 Biotech Stocks Expected to at Least Double
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.