6. Athersys (ATHX) is developing therapeutics using stem-cell research, including MultiStem. Its second-quarter loss narrowed to $3.1 million, or 16 cents a share, from a loss of $3.4 million, or 18 cents, a year earlier. Revenue more than quadrupled to $1.9 million. Athersys has $12 million of cash and no debt. Its stock sells for a book value multiple of 3.8 and a sales multiple of 11, 28% and 89% discounts to peer averages. All four of the analysts evaluating Athersys advocate purchasing its shares. A median price target of $7.33 implies 160% of upside.
10 Biotech Stocks Expected to at Least Double
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.