Airline companies TAM (TAM) and Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes (GOL) added around 5.8% and 5.6%, respectively. These carriers reported higher traffic during Sept. 2010, according to Brazil's National Civil Aviation Agency report.
Embraer- Empr Bras Aeronautica (ERJ), Companhia Paranaense de Energia (ELP), and Petroleo Brasileiro (Petrobras) (PBR) were major losers declining 4.8%, 2.2%, and 1.1%, respectively. In a report on Thursday, analysts at J.P.Morgan revised the price target to $32.0 from $35.0 and lowered the 2010 EPS estimate by 15 cents to $1.35 due to fewer-than-expected deliveries during the third-quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV