Net earnings rose 3% to $155.2 million, or $1.09 a share, from $150.4 million, or 99 cents, a year earlier. Net revenue increased 3% to $1.31 billion. Analysts, on average, were expecting earnings of $1.04 a share on revenue of $1.29 billion.
During the quarter, net revenue in the preschool category grew 9%, the boys product category increased 4%, and the games and puzzles category increased 2%. The girls category fell 1%. U.S. and Canada segment net revenue grew 4% from the same period in 2009, while international segment net revenue increased 3%.
Entertainment and licensing segment net revenue fell 34%.Hasbro said it expects a fourth-quarter charge of 25 cents to 30 cents a share from its TV investments for the launch of The Hub earlier this month. >>Search for Highest Dividends by Rate or Yield
|More on Earnings Today's Top Earnings|
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Andrea Tse. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV