Meritor WABCO Launches SafetyDirectâ¿¢
PHOENIX, Oct. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Meritor WABCO Vehicle Control Systems, today announced the availability of SafetyDirect™ at the 2010 American Trucking Association Management Conference and Exhibition. SafetyDirect is immediately available for order for all North American commercial vehicle fleets seeking to simplify delivery of detailed trend data as well as instant notification of vehicle safety and performance.
SafetyDirect allows customers to use as a single point of access to monitor and synchronize driver performance reports on braking, stability control, following distances, collision safety system braking and lane-departure warnings for individual drivers as well as the entire fleet. The comprehensive reporting includes event location, date, time, speed, odometer reading and safety trending data.
"We are pleased to launch SafetyDirect to our North American customers. We fully expect the system to revolutionize the way fleets monitor report and capture safety data," said Jon Morrison, president and general manager, Meritor WABCO Vehicle Control Systems. "By integrating data from our company's SmartTrac and OnGuard active safety systems into Iteris' SafetyDirect and lane-departure warning systems, it's easier for fleet managers to collect the information they need to meet and improve safety and business goals."
SafetyDirect works by combining the technologies in Meritor WABCO's SmartTrac™ and OnGuard™ active safety systems with their partner Iteris' SafetyDirect, an online application for analyzing data generated by Iteris' data logger and lane departure warning system. The SafetyDirect application uses information transmitted from the vehicle by the fleet's onboard mobile communications system via leading telematic providers such as Qualcomm and PeopleNet.Safety systems supported by SafetyDirect include:
- SmartTrac – a suite of active safety systems that can assist the driver in maintaining control of the vehicle in response to an impending loss of directional or roll stability.
- OnGuard – a forward-looking radar-based collision safety system that can detect objects in a vehicle's path and automatically engage the throttle, engine retarder, and service brakes when it senses an impending collision thereby assisting the driver in avoiding rear end collisions.
- Iteris LDW – a lane-departure warning system that uses a camera and onboard computer to track visible lane markings and detect when a vehicle drifts toward an unintended lane change.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV