Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Next Week's Game Plan (Final)
In the "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer spoke with Michael Mendes, chairman, president and CEO of Diamond Foods (DMND), a stock that's up 75% since Cramer recommended it on Dec. 5, 2008.
Mendes explained that his company's recent acquisition of the "Kettle" brand of potato chips has changed Diamond's earnings model and confused some analysts. He said while earnings will be skewed towards the back half of the year, Diamond raised its full-year guidance overall.
Mendes also said that Diamond grew its earnings 52% this past year, and is guiding towards 25% to 30% earnings per share growth next year. He said the company has great brands to drive Diamond forward for many years.One area of opportunity for the company, according to Mendes, are mass merchandisers and club stores. He said Diamond is making progress in penetrating those channels, where brands must fight harder for limited shelf space. Mendes also spoke highly of his company's new, all natural tortilla products, marketed under the "Tias" brand. He said Diamond plans to deliver a multi-brand promotion around the Super Bowl to introduce its many exciting new snacks.
Lightning RoundCramer was bullish on Compass Diversified Holdings (CODI), Chesapeake Energy (CHK), Enterprise Products Partners (EPD) and Cognex (CGNX). He was bearish on Netflix (NFLX) and United States Natural Gas (UNG). --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/scottrutt. To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. Want more Cramer? Check out Jim's rules and commandments for investing from his latest book by clicking here. For more of Cramer's insights during the Lightning Round,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV