Gourmet Food Trucks Taste Sweet Success
LAS VEGAS (TheStreet) -- In seeking the hottest restaurants, ingredients and flavors, TravelsinTaste.com recently had the opportunity to chat with its resident garden fresh flavors expert, Executive Chef Mark Sandoval of Wolfgang Puck's Postrio in the Venetian Resort Hotel Casino (LVS). Sandoval is always on the lookout for new, unique ingredients for his menus, and interesting playful ideas such as his purchase of Pepper the pig, an acorn-fed hog that was butchered and delivered and from which he subsequently created many out-of-the-ordinary menu items. We asked him about dining trends in Vegas. His answer: the gourmet food truck.
"There seems to be a lot of people breaking into that market. They are on Twitter and Facebook and they'll let everyone know what location they are at. People go to that location specifically, and then they'll move. It seems to be a big trend in Vegas -- something that's growing more and more, " Sandoval said.
More From TravelsinTaste
|CUT: A Cut Above the Rest|
|Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C.: Sumptuous Steaks|
|Strip House: A Sexy Steakhouse Like No Other in Manhattan|
TravelsinTaste was lucky enough to track down the new powerhouse in town -- Fukuburger, a big, red gourmet food truck serving up the classic American burger with a Japanese flair. In Vegas Fukuburger has been all the rage for locals and the chefs among them. It is run by former Tao servers Colin Fukunaga and Rob "Mags" Magsalin.
|Fukuburger travels the streets of Las Vegas serving gourmet burgers to in-the-know locals and hungry chefs with high standards.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV