NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Stocks ended on a mixed note on Friday with strong earnings pushing tech stocks higher even as financials were hit by growing concerns over foreclosure moratoriums.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average finished lower by 32 points, or 0.3%, at 11,062. The S&P 500 gained 2 points or 0.2% to 1176. A 10% jump in Google (GOOG) helped push the Nasdaq higher by 33 points, or 1.4%, to close at 2468.
The Dow managed to finish slightly higher for the week, as weakness in financials and an unexpected jump in jobless claims curbed investor enthusiasm for stocks.
Stocks initially traded higher on Friday after Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke reiterated that additional accommodation was coming, but did not offer fresh details. In a
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV