10 Financial Stocks Selling at Deep Discounts
BOSTON (TheStreet) -- If a second round of asset purchases by the Fed -- known as quantitative easing -- comes to pass, U.S. stocks may ignite. Financials, the leaders in the rally from the March 2009 low, have fallen out of favor in 2010. But there are cheap stocks in the sector. Here are the 10 cheapest financial stocks based on forward earnings multiples.
10. Ashford Hospitality Trust (AHT) is a real estate investment trust that owns hotels and resorts. Ashford swung to a second-quarter profit of $6.8 million, or 22 cents a share, from a year-earlier loss of $161 million, or $2.20. Revenue grew 3.6% to $240 million. The operating margin climbed from negatives to 11%. Ashford's stock trades at a forward earnings multiple of 8.3, a book value multiple of 0.6, a sales multiple of 0.6 and a cash flow multiple of 7.3 -- 92%, 74%, 91% and 60% discounts to peer averages. One analyst rates it "buy and six rate it "hold."
Bullish Scenario: FBR Capital Markets (FBCM) offers a target of $11, implying 8% of upside.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV