Solar Winners: Time to Take the Money and Run?
(Solar sector article updated with analysis of U.S. trade complaint, poll question on the outlook for solar stocks.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Solar stocks know only one direction, and it's up. Whether it's a solar cell, wafer or solar module maker, the solar rally is living to see at least one more day with the gains on Thursday across many sector stocks.
Solar cell leader JA Solar (JASO) is up 37% in the past month.
(ESLR) and Ascent Solar (ASTI) are up 88% and 70% respectively in the last month. This week, in particular, the micro-cap solar stocks rallied as a group to a level not seen in some time.
Time to Take Money and Run from Solar? Vote Now
| Time to Book Profits in Solar Stocks?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV