Solar Winners: Time to Take the Money and Run?
(Solar sector article updated with analysis of U.S. trade complaint, poll question on the outlook for solar stocks.)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Solar stocks know only one direction, and it's up. Whether it's a solar cell, wafer or solar module maker, the solar rally is living to see at least one more day with the gains on Thursday across many sector stocks.
Solar cell leader JA Solar (JASO) is up 37% in the past month.
(ESLR) and Ascent Solar (ASTI) are up 88% and 70% respectively in the last month. This week, in particular, the micro-cap solar stocks rallied as a group to a level not seen in some time.
Time to Take Money and Run from Solar? Vote Now
| Time to Book Profits in Solar Stocks?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV