Against the Spread: 2010 NFL Picks: Week 6
Updated from Thursday with new line on New Orleans/Tampa Bay game.
BOSTON (TheStreet) -- It's déjà vu all over again! Against the spread, underdogs in the NFL are 46-26 with four pushes heading into Week 6.
Typically, your average bettor -- one who doesn't make sharp wagers looking for value -- will put their money on the favorite and will lay the points. That approach has only lost money so far this year, as evidenced by the underdogs' record against the spread.
Nearly every week, I've highlighted the underdogs' ability to cover. Unfortunately, I haven't been as lucky when it comes to sniffing out that value. My record in picking games in this column is back above .500 at 13-12, and I'm hoping to build on that total this week by searching out value picks in underdogs.
|Brett Favre, Minnesota Vikings|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV