Yahoo! shares were rising 15.1% to $17.55 in premarket trading Thursday.
People familiar with the matter told the Journal that the discussions -- involving private-equity firms, AOL executives and financial advisers -- don't yet involve Yahoo! The conversations may not lead to an approach given the complexities in structuring a proposal, the people told the newspaper.
Silver Lake Partners and Blackstone (BX) are among the firms that have expressed interest in teaming up with AOL to buy Yahoo! or trying to take it private on their own, the people said, the Journal reports. At least two or three other firms could be interested in participating if a formal buyout proposal is developed.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV