Mining Group Cries Foul In Review Of Xcel Gas Plan
DENVER (AP) â¿¿ A Colorado coal-industry group says two public utilities commissioners should recuse themselves from considering a plan by Xcel Energy Inc. to switch some power plants to run on natural gas instead of coal.
A new state law aimed at meeting federal clean air standards required Xcel to file a plan to cut emissions. The three-member Colorado Public Utilities Commission must accept, deny or modify that plan by Dec. 15.
The Colorado Mining Association said in a filing with the commission that PUC Chairman Ronald Binz and Commissioner Matt Baker were involved in negotiations with Xcel on the new law and can't be considered impartial as they review Xcel's plan.
A commission spokesman wasn't immediately available for comment Wednesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV