He said while the bearish pundits believed the markets would teeter on the earnings from Intel (INTC) and JPMorgan Chase (JPM), two stocks which Cramer owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, the markets had other ideas.Cramer explained that there was no pin action from the so-so earnings from these two companies because the markets are now global, and they take their cues from many places. He said "we're rewriting American investing history," adding the old investing mottos and strategies simply no longer apply. Cramer said the markets were instead taking their cues today from the rising rise of copper and gold, along with the rising price of grain. He said it was taking cues from the strong earnings of railroad CSX (CSX), which is signaling rising global economic activity. Cramer asked, who needs Intel, when the markets are getting strong earnings from Cisco (CSCO), Google (GOOG) and Apple (AAPL), another Action Alerts PLUS name. Who needs JPMorgan when the markets have Prudential (PRU), State Street (SST) and Travelers (TRV). Cramer said he can't blame the bears for their old beliefs. In the old stock market, they rang true every time. But in today's market, the bears just keep looking silly.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV