Editor's note: This story was part of TheStreet's 10-part Top Business Leaders of Tomorrow series.
SAN FRANCISCO (TheStreet) -- The worst economic downturn since the Great Depression opened doors for savvy executives with ideas that help businesses grow. Few took advantage of that opportunity more than the leaders of cloud-computing pioneer Salesforce.com (CRM).
"We're in the right place at the right time," said George Hu, Salesforce's executive vice president of marketing and alliances. He oversees the company's marketing and recently became the head of its Force.com application-development product. "There's no better place to be right now."
Salesforce started out as a product for managing sales and customers, but has quickly become a leader in cloud computing, services that enable companies to store information online. In recent years, the company has set itself apart from larger competitors by adding social-networking tools and services that help people build applications for Apple's (AAPL) iPhone and other smartphones.
|George Hu, Salesforce's executive vice president of marketing and alliances.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV