Kayne Anderson Energy Development Company Announces Results For The Quarter Ended August 31, 2010
(NYSE:KED) Kayne Anderson Energy Development Company (the “Company”) today announced its financial results for the quarter ended August 31, 2010.
- The Company announced a quarterly distribution of $0.30 per share
- Net asset value: $19.14 per share
- Net investment loss: $0.2 million
- Net realized gains: $0.04 million
- Net unrealized gains: $26.4 million
RESULTS OF OPERATIONS – QUARTER ENDED AUGUST 31, 2010
Investment income totaled $1.5 million and consisted primarily of interest income on the Company’s energy debt investments and net dividends and distributions. The Company received $2.7 million of cash dividends and distributions during the period, of which $2.1 million was treated as a return of capital. During the quarter, Direct Fuels Partners, L.P. (“Direct Fuels”) paid the Company $1.3 million of preferred unit distributions (in lieu of a cash distribution), which is not included in investment income but is reflected as an unrealized gain.Operating expenses totaled $1.9 million, including $1.0 million of base investment management fees, $0.5 million for interest expense, of which $0.1 million relates to the amortization of debt issuance costs and $0.4 million for other operating expenses. Management fees were equal to an annual rate of 1.75% of average total assets. The Company’s net investment loss totaled $0.2 million and included a deferred income tax benefit of $0.1 million. The Company had net realized gains from its investments of $0.04 million. The Company had net unrealized gains of $26.4 million, which consisted of $41.6 million of unrealized gains from investments and $15.2 million of deferred income tax expense. The majority of these gains are attributable to our investment in International Resource Partners LP (“IRP”), which increased by $35.3 million (90% increase) during the quarter. The Company had an increase in net assets resulting from operations of $26.2 million. This increase is composed of a net investment loss of $0.2 million, net realized gains of $0.04 million, and net unrealized gains of $26.4 million as noted above.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV