2. KeyCorp (KEY)
Consensus 2011 EPS: $0.39Market cap: $7.39 billion TheStreet Ratings grade: Hold (C-) Another bank on which Bove dropped coverage, KeyCorp's second quarter profit was its first since the financial crisis. During a conference call with analysts after releasing the results, bank management said credit trends were improving, and that it was focusing on investment management businesses in an effort to boost revenues. FBR Capital Markets analysts wrote following the earnings release that they earnings potential was their main concern, due to "continued deleveraging and weaker-than-expected net interest margins." "Given tepid loan demand, we believe that [KeyCorp's] balance sheet will likely continue to shrink over the next several quarters, which should weigh on earnings," the report stated. Debt analysts at GimmeCredit upgraded KeyCorp in August, arguing it is "relatively less exposed to consumer loans than some peers," and has cut construction loan exposure to $3.4 billion from $6.1 billion a year ago. As of 2PM ET on Thursday, Keycorp shares were trading down 2.29% at $8.10.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV