Maverick Capital Management CEO Lee Ainsle said Tuesday during the Value Investing Conference that the CEO is frustrated with the company and could look to buy the computer maker, or issue a special dividend, Marketwatch reported.
TheStreet reported in June that the Round Rock, Texas Dell could be a take-private target, though analysts were skeptical that the CEO could achieve sufficient financing for a transaction to take place.RBC Capital Markets analyst Amit Daryanani dismissed the buyout speculation, adding that Dell "shrugged off" the rumor when it initially surfaced earlier this year. Dell shares closed Tuesday at $13.92, up 19 cents or 1.38%. Dell did not immediately respond to a request for comment on this story. --Written by Olivia Oran in New York >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/TheStreet_Tech. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV