Dell Lifts on Buyout Rumor
Maverick Capital Management CEO Lee Ainsle said Tuesday during the Value Investing Conference that the CEO is frustrated with the company and could look to buy the computer maker, or issue a special dividend, Marketwatch reported.
TheStreet reported in June that the Round Rock, Texas Dell could be a take-private target, though analysts were skeptical that the CEO could achieve sufficient financing for a transaction to take place.RBC Capital Markets analyst Amit Daryanani dismissed the buyout speculation, adding that Dell "shrugged off" the rumor when it initially surfaced earlier this year. Dell shares closed Tuesday at $13.92, up 19 cents or 1.38%. Dell did not immediately respond to a request for comment on this story. --Written by Olivia Oran in New York >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/TheStreet_Tech. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV