NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Entergy ( ETR ) said it's cooperating with the U.S. Department of Justice on a civil investigation of competitive issues concerning certain practices and policies of the Entergy utility companies: Entergy Arkansas, Entergy Gulf States Louisiana, Entergy Louisiana, Entergy Mississippi, Entergy New Orleans, Entergy Texas and Entergy Services.
Entergy said it became aware of the investigation during the required Hart-Scott-Rodino anti-trust proceedings necessary to complete Entergy Louisiana's pending purchase of the Acadia generation units. The company said the Department of Justice told Entergy that it has opened a civil investigation of competitive issues concerning certain generation procurement, dispatch and transmission system practices and policies of Entergy's utility companies.
Entergy said it believes that its practices and policies have satisfied all applicable laws and regulations.
-- Written by Andrea Tse in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV