Fastenal Company Reports 2010 Third Quarter Earnings
Our goal under the 'pathway to profit' is to increase the sales of our average store to approximately $125,000 per month (see earlier discussion). This will shift the store mix emphasis from the first three categories ($0 to $30,000, $30,001 to $60,000, and $60,001 to $100,000) to the last three categories ($60,001 to $100,000, $100,001 to $150,000, and over $150,000), and we believe will allow us to leverage our fixed cost and increase our overall productivity.
Note – Dollar amounts in this section are presented in whole dollars, not thousands.
STATEMENT OF EARNINGS INFORMATION (percentage of net sales) for the periods ended September 30:
|Nine-month period||Three-month period|
|Operating and administrative expenses||32.6%||35.8%||31.8%||34.4%|
|Loss (gain) on sale of property and equipment||0.0%||-0.1%||0.0%||0.0%|
|Earnings before income taxes||19.1%||15.6%||20.0%||15.7%|
Note – Amounts may not foot due to rounding difference.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV