MILLBURN, N.J. (Stockpickr) -- I have spent the better part of the last week sitting in the hospital with my wife, who had surgery, which gave me an opportunity to observe what goes on within a hospital and take notice of the products used by the clinicians and patients.
Heath care is currently estimated to account for about 16% of the U.S. gross domestic product. That amount is only expected to grow once the recently passed health care legislation takes effect and as our nation's population ages.
>>Also: 4 Safest Health Care Stocks
Based on my recent time at the hospital, I've gathered together a portfolio of medical devices and technology stocks. I am not a big fan of the pharmaceutical industry, but I foresee the medical devices and technology sectors as a source of stable low-risk growth in the future as more money is focused on health care and baby boomers enter their golden years.>>Also: Top-Rated Health Care Technology Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV