Brazil: Winners and Losers
Among Brazilian ADRs, Companhia Paranaense de Energia (ELP) was up 11.1% past week. Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras (Eletrobras) (EBR) jumped 7.4% after it secured a $500 million loan from a Venezuelan lender Andean Development Corporation (CAF). Besides, in an effort to raise a total of $4 billion, Eletrobras has also secured $500 million financing from the World Bank.
Petroleo Brasileiro (Petrobras) (PBR) and BRF Brasil Foods (BRFS) were among the major losers declining 4.9% and 4.4%, respectively. Petrobras' CFO said the recent downslide was triggered by news that the company would fall short of its year-end production target for the fourth consecutive year, attributable to uncertainties in the global financial markets. However, Petrobras recently announced the launch of operations at three new industrial units to enhance gas supply.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV