Brazil: Winners and Losers
Among Brazilian ADRs, Companhia Paranaense de Energia (ELP) was up 11.1% past week. Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras (Eletrobras) (EBR) jumped 7.4% after it secured a $500 million loan from a Venezuelan lender Andean Development Corporation (CAF). Besides, in an effort to raise a total of $4 billion, Eletrobras has also secured $500 million financing from the World Bank.
Petroleo Brasileiro (Petrobras) (PBR) and BRF Brasil Foods (BRFS) were among the major losers declining 4.9% and 4.4%, respectively. Petrobras' CFO said the recent downslide was triggered by news that the company would fall short of its year-end production target for the fourth consecutive year, attributable to uncertainties in the global financial markets. However, Petrobras recently announced the launch of operations at three new industrial units to enhance gas supply.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV