Before joining Canadian Solar, Chen served as CFO of high-tech chemical and specialty materials company ShengdaTech ( SDTH ). As Chen takes over as CFO, Arthur Chien, the company's previous CFO, will continue on as a special adviser to the CEO's office until the end of the year.
The company also reiterated guidance Monday, with expected shipments of about 190 megawatts to 200 megawatts and gross margin of about 14.5% to 15.5% for the third quarter. For the full year, Canadian Solar expects shipments to be at the mid- to the high-end of prior guidance of about 700 MW to 800 MW.
Shares of Canadian Solar rose 0.7% to $15.59 in premarket trading Monday.-- Written by Andrea Tse in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Andrea Tse. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV